Footage of Israeli Soldiers Beating Palestinian Children

The Israeli Apartheid Force is undoubtedly the most cowardly army in the world.

Ramallah, 19-08-07: Footage captured by an independent American filmmaker on Wednesday 15 August, showing Israeli soldiers beating, spitting on and throwing stones at three Palestinian children offers yet further proof that Israel’s 543 permanent and 610 ‘flying’ checkpoints “are sites of systematic torture and human rights violations against Palestinian civilians”, said veteran human rights activist, Dr. Mustafa Barghouthi MP at a press conference held in Ramallah today.

The footage was captured at the Ras at-Tira checkpoint in the Qalqiliya District, and shows the three children attempting to cross the checkpoint in a horse cart when they are stopped by two Israeli soldiers. The female soldier is clearly shown beating the boys before spitting on them and sending them back the way they came. Her male colleague is then seen picking up stones from the ground and throwing them at the children as they drive away.

Dr. Barghouthi said the beatings were reminiscent of the physical assault of 18-year old university student Mohammad Jabali by Israeli soldiers near the notorious Huwwara checkpoint in Nablus on 18 March 2007. Four Israeli soldiers punched and kicked Jabali in the face, head and genitals, causing bleeding and a blood clot in his right testicle. Jabali was forced to undergo surgery and to have part of the testicle removed.

Filed Under

59 Responses to “Footage of Israeli Soldiers Beating Palestinian Children”

1. nidalio,

I’m glad you switched to a hypothetical I have some experience with.

Let’s say cops stopped you and they laid their hand on you the exact same way the soldiers in the video laid their hand on the kids

I was with a friend of mine once back in the 1980s when we were approached by cops. Six cops, actually. They had thought my friend (who was black) was somebody else. He tried to explain to them that they had the wrong guy, but they didn’t want to hear it. He got a little loud and they tasered him. They (the cops) were all standing around laughing, while my buddy was doing the funky chicken on the pavement. That’s when I got a little loud, and the cops were fresh out of tasers since the darts were still embedded in my friends chest, so they tried to wrestle me to the ground instead. A couple of them fell down in the process, which no doubt embarrassed the hell out of them, so they arrested me and charged me with resisting and delaying, battery on a police officer, so on and so forth. The only thing that saved my ass was that I was on active duty in the US Marine Corps and so they dropped the charges. My friend (a civilian) was not so lucky, and he spent a few weeks in Los Angeles County Jail. Even though the whole thing was a case of mistaken identity.

What the cops did was wrong. And I hope they aren’t on the police force any more. But what my friend and I did was wrong, too. You don’t get to be abusive with cops (or military people on post) and get away with it.

In this video, I don’t see anything like the level of misconduct going on that I did in the example I just gave. And if those guys weer being abusive to an Israeli soldier who was clearly manning an official checkpoint, they deserved a lot worse than a smack or two. That’s my assessment of the video, based on what I can see.

(don’t forget about the second part of the video, not just the kids on the cart).

I don’t know anything about that incident, and I didn’t comment on it.

A morally wrong action cannot be justified by another morally wrong action. Get it, Craig?

OK. Is it morally wrong for an incident to be staged for propaganda purposes? Is it morally wrong for teenage males to become verbally abusive (sexually or otherwise) to an officer on duty?

To use the argument you just gave, the actions of the female Israeli soldier do not justify the wrong done by the cameraman and the three teenage males. Right?

Posted by programmer craig | August 22, 2007, 5:54 pm
  2. The boys actually have supernatural powers. They caused the soilder to hit and spit on them, purely for propoganda purposes.

They are also causing PC to ignore the second video and introduce assumptions that are baseless and even if taken as true don’t make the actions any more or less horrible–just for propoganda purposes.

They have supernatural powers, just like PC. PC is able to teabag two zionuts (no pun intended!) at the same time and still obfusicate and type hateful racist comments.

Posted by Pali-American | August 22, 2007, 6:36 pm
  3. If you watch the second video, its clear that the soilders aren’t hitting that guy, they’re trying to get a fly off of him. It was a big fly too, it could’ve bit him. My question is, how much does he owe those soilders for getting the fly off of him?

Posted by Pali-American | August 22, 2007, 7:06 pm
  4. Craig,

Regardless whether the your and your friend’s behavior was wrong, what the cops did to the two of you was wrong. Period. The same applies to those soldiers. If you can’t see the relevance in both situations, then that’s a problem I hope you resolve one day.

As for the second part of the video, I didn’t expect you to acknowledge it, because that would refute your argument that you don’t see any beatings in the video. But it’s ok, go ahead and “turn a blind eye.”

Finally, your arguements are based on your own personal assessment of the video. I would like to answer your question about whether it’s morally wrong to verbally abuse the soldier and use the incident as propaganda, etc, however, I can’t give you an answer because those are assumptions you’re making based on what you see. Did you hear them insult the soldier? Or is your psychic ability that brought you to conclude that?

Posted by Nidalio | August 22, 2007, 10:39 pm
  5. Occupation of Palestine? Displacement of indiginous people? Rabin implementing the “bone breaking” policy against Palestinian youth during the first uprising? Settlements being built on Palestinian owned land whereupon non-Jews are not allowed to live on but Jews from Russia, etc. are brought over and given free-to-cheap housing? Torture? Controlling millions of people yet denying them the same priviledges under your control that you give to others, based solely on religion?

All the above is caused by the three Palestinians on that cart and the Palestinian in the second video having a fly beat off of him by IDF soilders. They are using their secret powers to cause all this for one purpose: Propoganda! For over 60 years, they have suffered under constant oppression and apartheid, not because of Israel or its actions or its racist (or the moral equivalent of racist) ideology! But because these four Palestinians in this video have used their psychic powers, for propoganda purposes!

Can’t you see this?

Posted by Pali-American | August 23, 2007, 8:24 am
  6. Clearly, the least desirable life to have on earth is that of a Palestinian in Israel. The quality of life for these people is zero!

Israel has a problem. It is obvious that it cannot sustain the current situation indefinitely. How do you solve the problem? Kill all the Arabs or find some way to make peace?

Israel’s existence is unsustainable as a self reliant entity in fixed, peaceful borders; it needs enemies to justify its rapacious behavior and constant begging for outside financial support.

No decent person be he Jew or otherwise can watch the way things go in Israel without disgust. I know many Jews who have returned to the USA from Israel because they do not like the aparthied and repression.

In other words, no amount of money can rationalize and justify the theft of a peoples land based upon a biblical covenant that G-d made with people who are poorly represented in Israeli demographics.

Ashkenazi jews were converts from Khazaria in the 8th century A.D.. Ashkenazi Jews run the show.

Beam me up, Scotty!!

Posted by Anonymous | August 27, 2007, 9:25 am
  7. n6zexk

Posted by Fccwddsa | July 14, 2009, 4:47 pm
  8. Amen to the first sentence!

Posted by Iukprotit | June 1, 2013, 6:59 pm