Is this Racist?

This, unsurprisingly, is a conservative rag. Perhaps, they can tell us what Islam is after inducing us with a menacing image of the new threat, the young, bearded, male Muslim.

Filed Under  ,

6 Responses to “Is this Racist?”

1. Racist AND Islamophobic.
    I wish they had a white dude on the cover instead.
    I’m guessing that since this is a conservo paper, they don’t work to dispel the image of Islam as a bearded brown guy in the actual article.

Posted by Zeynab | April 13, 2008, 1:14 pm
  2. I find summing up Islam in one photo to be overly simplistic, however, if I had to do so, then I would say this is Islam. http://www.grillmastergrenada.com/images/big-falafel-wrap.jpg

Posted by Fayyad | April 13, 2008, 1:42 pm
  3. Will, I am surprised. Why do see this man as “a menacing image of the new threat, the young, bearded, male Muslim”? He does not look menacing to me. I see in his beautiful face the lovely creation of God. He has beautiful black hair, a lovely knitted hat that maybe his grandmother knitted or maybe he purchased it at the local Muslim market in Dearbornistan, a beautiful town by the way, lovely youthful facial features, including red mouth, graceful nose, and dark romantic eyes. (maybe he needs to see an optometrist about that lazy left eye.) But he is my beautiful brother, brother in humanity. Why do you care so much about what the hateful/ignorant ones think, or how they will react to a picture? Their hegemony will always be resisted until the end of time. You trouble your mind too much with what they think. Long live my Muslim brother, and may he prosper.

Posted by fatima | April 13, 2008, 5:25 pm
  4. I think the cap is actually crocheted.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2008, 9:07 pm
  5. Actually Will, it’s not racism — BECAUSE ISLAM IS NOT A RACE! What an idiot! And why has this site suddenly become WILLfest? KABOBfestWATCH!!

Posted by Programmer Buydatti | April 14, 2008, 9:04 am
  6. Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this
    post is amazing, great written and include almost
    all important infos. I’d like to look more posts like
    this .