Is this Racist?

This, unsurprisingly, is a conservative rag. Perhaps, they can tell us what Islam is after inducing us with a menacing image of the new threat, the young, bearded, male Muslim.

Filed Under  ,

6 Responses to “Is this Racist?”

1. Racist AND Islamophobic.
    I wish they had a white dude on the cover instead.
    I’m guessing that since this is a conservo paper, they don’t work to dispel the image of Islam as a bearded brown guy in the actual article.

Posted by Zeynab | April 13, 2008, 1:14 pm
  2. I find summing up Islam in one photo to be overly simplistic, however, if I had to do so, then I would say this is Islam. http://www.grillmastergrenada.com/images/big-falafel-wrap.jpg

Posted by Fayyad | April 13, 2008, 1:42 pm
  3. Will, I am surprised. Why do see this man as “a menacing image of the new threat, the young, bearded, male Muslim”? He does not look menacing to me. I see in his beautiful face the lovely creation of God. He has beautiful black hair, a lovely knitted hat that maybe his grandmother knitted or maybe he purchased it at the local Muslim market in Dearbornistan, a beautiful town by the way, lovely youthful facial features, including red mouth, graceful nose, and dark romantic eyes. (maybe he needs to see an optometrist about that lazy left eye.) But he is my beautiful brother, brother in humanity. Why do you care so much about what the hateful/ignorant ones think, or how they will react to a picture? Their hegemony will always be resisted until the end of time. You trouble your mind too much with what they think. Long live my Muslim brother, and may he prosper.

Posted by fatima | April 13, 2008, 5:25 pm
  4. I think the cap is actually crocheted.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2008, 9:07 pm
  5. Actually Will, it’s not racism — BECAUSE ISLAM IS NOT A RACE! What an idiot! And why has this site suddenly become WILLfest? KABOBfestWATCH!!

Posted by Programmer Buydatti | April 14, 2008, 9:04 am
  6. Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this
    post is amazing, great written and include almost
    all important infos. I’d like to look more posts like
    this .

Posted by sai jikuu dream japanese | December 11, 2014, 8:22 am

You must be logged in to post a comment.

question mark
Ever wonder what Bashar Al-Trump would look like?
December 17, 2015
[John Locher / AP]
Top 5 Missing Things: The GOP Debate
December 16, 2015
Jesus, Jesus was hot.
What Jesus Really Looked Like
December 15, 2015
Israeli pigs
Zionist Pigs… Literally
December 14, 2015
Demonstrators protest against Syria's President Bashar al-Assad after Friday prayers in Kafranbel, near Adlb, December 23, 2011. Picture taken December 23, 2011. REUTERS/Handout (SYRIA - Tags: POLITICS CIVIL UNREST CONFLICT) FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR SALE FOR MARKETING OR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS. THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. IT IS DISTRIBUTED, EXACTLY AS RECEIVED BY REUTERS, AS A SERVICE TO CLIENTS
Worst New Syrian Tax Ever
December 11, 2015
hate crime
Possibly the Most American Hate Crime of All Time
December 10, 2015
syrianchildren
What Anti-Muslim Rhetoric is Missing: Reality
March 23, 2015
By admin
Assad - Syrian Monster2
Oh the Horror of the Syrian Regime…
September 25, 2012
By Nabil
israel-against-iran-war
So where do we keep Islamophobia?
 Source: http://bilgrimage.blogspot.com/2011/12/usccb-political-lobbyists-or-advocates.html
Jesus Is Alive At Speaker's Corner
Picture 1
Tyrone in a position of traditional Black prayer
200134410-001