Tell ‘em, Keith.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnHyy8gkNEE]

A constitution is not something you can just change at will with contradictory additions in order to target minorities. I’m pretty sure doing so isn’t democracy.

The thing is, why aren’t people rioting yet? Do you know who this kind of legislation hurts? Sure, it hurts gay people. It hurts gay families.

But do you know who else?

This kind of legislation hurts women in abusive heterosexual relationships by removing the protection of common law rights that they previously had. It hurts children whose parents cannot take care of them: beginning January 1, 2009, a grandmother will be prevented from caring for her grandchildren if she cohabits with her heterosexual partner because marrying would adversely affect her pension or insurance. Guess where those kids will be? In the foster system. Where will kids go when their gay uncle is prevented from caring for them, even though he may be their godfather? What would take precedent there? A deceased parent’s will, or new constitutional amendments?

I remember being told by my parents that should anything ever happen to them, such and such uncle and such and such aunt would be responsible for me. I knew that. Not that I thought about it much, I was a child. However I knew it. Now children can have even the security of a backup family member denied them.

Why are the majority of kids in the foster system there in the first place? Because HETEROSEXUAL people neglected them, abused them, or for whatever reason could not take care of them.

Laws should function to protect the rights of the vulnerable. That’s how we need to be demanding our world be.

No Responses to “Tell ‘em, Keith.”

1. Really sad commentary on our country. What Olbermann said is exactly what I was thinking: what do these people have against love? With all the hate and bullshit in this world, the only thing that comes close to being pure is love, and these people vote against it? I wish his message could get through to some of these folks but I somehow doubt it will. Maybe some day, but not now. Much as I dislike Obama his election was a victory over hatred, however transient and illusory it may prove to be. I wish there could be such a signal moment for gays, atheists, Muslims or any of the other groups it is still socially acceptable to hate. And I wish that moment could be about something real, and not some campaign slogan taken far more seriously than it’s worth.

Posted by Sean | November 12, 2008, 5:23 pm
  2. fag … homosexual are not human beings so we cant treat them equally . .. u want me to vote for two men to fuck each others … FAG

Posted by Anonymous | November 12, 2008, 5:29 pm
  3. To the anonymous commenter above me…

Read the comment posted above your own.

Notice the far better command of grammar, syntax, and spelling. Note the superior persuasive ability.

Doesn’t it give you a moment’s hesitation that your moral and intellectual betters overwhelmingly take the position directly opposed to yours?

Don’t you feel at least a tinge of shame and inadequacy?

Doesn’t it make you start to wonder how you might have gotten your entire world-view so utterly, dreadfully wrong?

Posted by Joe | November 12, 2008, 6:06 pm
  4. Wow.

Wow.

Anon 5:29- Explain to me how you can sleep with that sort of a mark on your conscience. I’m tempted to think you’re just trying to get a reaction, because I don’t understand how any human being could be that much of an a**hole. You know, that’s the same argument slaveowners and segregationists used to justify their inhuman practices. That’s the same argument that the Nazis used to justify sending Jews and Roma to the gas chambers. I’m sure you really want to be associated with those upstanding citizens. And really, learn how to spell and write coherent thoughts rather than just spill out your random brain fart. This is not Youtube.

And finally, let me close by saying that you are a colossal dick. I don’t need to, but it makes me feel better.

Posted by Patton | November 12, 2008, 6:27 pm
  5. I don’t know why anyone bothers acknowledging “anonymous”

Posted by Anonymous | November 12, 2008, 7:29 pm
  6. That anon is so obviously a troll… or something that someone posted in order to argue with himself… I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying.

Posted by American Muslim Girl | November 13, 2008, 6:36 pm
  7. I sleep well at night, Thank you for asking, the real question is how do gays sleep at night after getting fucked??

Do you know that after 3 or 4 years all those gross creatures will have to wear diapers? So, Am I supposed to support that?, You know, gays are nothing but sick creatures with mental and emotional disorder. Being gay is just like being alcoholic; people with such behavior should be sent to rehab. This is the only way to help those “things” to return back to the straight path of life, and not by supporting them to legalize their oblique behavior.

Homosexuality is against life. “If you put two men or two women on an island, comeback in 100 years, you’ll find 2 sets of bones. As oppose to placing a man and a woman, you’ll return to find that they have created a family that will thrive past 100 years.” Life is about the positive and negative, man and woman, Adam and eve. Anyway the people of the United States have spoken, whether you like it or not. NO GAY MARRIAGE and I’ll support any single effort in the world to get rid of the last fag on this earth.

BTW, have you all noticed that the first sentence that guy in the video said was “I’m not gay” see this is always the case .. they all start by saying that, do you know why? Well I think you do.

That’s all fags.

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2008, 7:04 pm
  8. Anon 7:04 you are so obvious. So so obvious.

I kind of feel bad for you. It’s oddly pathetic. Why the hell do you care?

I won’t say anything, we’ll keep this between you and me. Just stop it though. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Posted by American Muslim Girl | November 13, 2008, 9:57 pm
  9. It really surprises me to see girls defending fags, I mean I can understand why guys like lesbians, but girls .. man that’s odd … my only explanation is that you are sexually depressed.. when was the last time you get laid ??

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2008, 10:26 pm
  10. Wait, which girl, Emily or me?

If it was me, I don’t think I did that.

Posted by American Muslim Girl | November 13, 2008, 11:31 pm
  11. people who engage anonymous are stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | November 14, 2008, 4:50 am
  12. everybody plays a fool… sometimes…

people who post as anonymous because they are ashamed to be themselves are stupid.

Posted by American Muslim Girl | November 14, 2008, 9:42 am
  13. Hey Joe, if you are out there. I think you should consider joining this homosexual movement pro-bono. I bet you would be good at at it, since you like the gays and all that.

Hollywood makeover for Palestine

Chill out. :)

Posted by American Muslim Girl | November 14, 2008, 2:24 pm
  14. LOL! Comic relief. I’m starting to rethink my belif that everyone has a right to their own opinion. I don’t know if that is actuaally true anymore. It makes for great comedy though. I gotta admit.

Posted by freakytype | November 19, 2008, 9:09 am