Live Update from Mohammad’s Family in Gaza

its just past 330 am here, i was woken up by a cold caller from libya. after he hung up i noticed a message from areej, my uncle mohammads wifes: the tanks have reached us, theres smoke in the house, please pray for us.

i called her. i could hear explosions just outside, and machine gun fire. just before 2 am, israeli tanks and special forces had entered an area just outside tal al-hawa, near the community college. they’d come up against surprisingly touigh and violent resistance. tanks firing randomly into neighbrhoods. white phosphorous munitions used to cover an aparent retreat. the entire apartment is filled with white smoke, the kids are up, screaming. there seems to be a definite retreat, but they’re expecting the worst. they say to please keep praying for their safety and for the resistance. they dont know if they will live.

-Mohammad

No Responses to “Live Update from Mohammad’s Family in Gaza”

1. With all due respect, I believe that you must not care very much about your relatives. If my relatives were, god forbid, in such a situation, I would be pleading for hamas to stop fighting and accept a peace treaty. Reading through this blog it is clear that you don’t have a word of criticism for hamas. This makes your impassioned paragraphs run hollow. I may be wrong – please refer me to the link where you criticize hamas. Thanks.

Posted by Concerned (truly) | January 12, 2009, 6:53 pm
  2. Hey “Concerned (truly)”, that is incredibly arrogant. You are NOT in that situation. Your judgment call sickens me.

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009, 7:05 pm
  3. Concerned Truly you are sick, stop blaming the victim for what is happening.

Israel is dropping the bombs, Israel is killing the civilians. Israel put Gaza through the illegal brutal blockade that forced Gazans to eat bread made from animal feed, forced Gazan doctors to perform surgery without anesthesia or gloves, forced the Gazan economy to collapse, forced Gazans to rely on smuggling to get food. Can you imagine someone occupying your land, and forcing you to resort to buying food on the black market?

There is criticism of Hamas on this blog as well. However, Hamas does not come anywhere near Israel in complicity when it comes to this slaughter going on in the worlds largest prison.

Posted by Super Sayyin | January 12, 2009, 7:18 pm
  4. They are always in our prayers. Always.

In God’s wiling this will be over soon, and things will get better. True Hero’s.

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009, 7:46 pm
  5. Yes we will keep them in our prayers. Its not their fault they have no power, food, and water. essentials of life.

They will fight for their rights , and those who are not with the fighting are Praying for them.

With love

Lujane Joseph Brown

Posted by Lujane Joseph | January 12, 2009, 7:51 pm
  6. As someone with family in Gaza, I completely understand what you’re going through. May God protect them all.

As for Concerned, go to hell. I don’t care if this gets deleted. My sister-in-law has no food for her kids. I guess it’s her fault for living in Gaza, huh? Go to hell!

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009, 8:02 pm
  7. “they say to please keep praying for their safety and for the resistance.”

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. — John 15:13

Amazing. It takes Muslims defending their homes and families from brutal western-Christian-supported thugs, to teach Christians the world over the true meaning of the Bible.

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009, 8:05 pm
  8. “Concerned (truly) said…”

Fuck off, seriously. A man tells you his family is afraid they might not live and you blame him? REALLY?

Posted by Jillian | January 12, 2009, 8:26 pm
  9. I’m so sorry, Mohammad. I hope your family survives this nightmare – I’ve read all your posts about them. :(

I will pray for them tonight, and I haven’t prayed since I was a child.

Posted by ally | January 12, 2009, 9:07 pm
  10. To Concerned (yeah….right!)- what a scabrous creep! You believe they don’t care about their relatives because they don’t think just like you seem to know you would in their situation? Did you really think about that before you submitted your comment? Honestly!

I hope to hear an update soon regarding Mohammad’s family – allah ma’ahum

Posted by alfannaan | January 12, 2009, 11:08 pm
  11. Yeah, I’ve been checking back every hour or so to see if there was a post about Mohammad’s family too. I pray that they are healthy and alive.

Posted by ally | January 12, 2009, 11:35 pm
  12. Mohammad, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Posted by nadeem altaybawi | January 13, 2009, 7:16 am