Romance revealed between Carlos Slim and Queen of Jordan

According to Mexican daily El Universal, Queen Noor and Carlos Slim, currently the second richest man alive, are having an affair. KABOBfest translation below.

The Spanish social magazine Semana, unveiled in its latest edition an alleged romance between the richest man in Mexico, Carlos Slim Helú, and Queen Noor al-Hussein of Jordan (whose birth name is Lisa Halaby).

They usually travel by private plane, hired or borrowed from friends, because Slim is unfriendly to such ostentacious items and does not own his own. They move about in different cars or in one with tinted windows, and the hotels do not register their identity — they use their associates’ names.

“They never enter through the lobby, but through the parking, and generally avoid all units except the gym, as Queen Noor likes to take care of her physical form. Moreover, they rarely dine in restaurants, prefer evenings in the homes of those they trust”, a person close to the businessman, whose identity was not revealed, told the publication.

According to the story in Semana, the couple began a relationship in the Spring of 2008 that has strengthened day by day and that has led them to travel the world.”

The magazine said the couple had just a few days in Las Villas luxury apartments in Cap Cana, Dominican Republic, and in November took a tour of Madrid, Switzerland, Italy, followed by a vacation in Vail, Colorado.

In the United States, they traveled to New York where they had dinner with Bill and Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State of that country.

“They are two lonely souls and they have finally found each other. For the both of them, it was a tragedy to lose their spouses. They share common Arab roots through their ancestors,” say friends of the couple.

Slim, aged 69, is the son of a Lebanese and is the second richest man in the world according to Forbes magazine. He was widowed in February 1999 when his wife Soumaya died.

She, aged 57, holds a BA in Architecture, was born in the United States to a Syrian-Lebanese father and Swedish mother. On June 15th, 1978 she became Queen Noor of Jordan, King Hussein’s fourth wife and the mother of his four children, including Hamzah, who was the Crown Prince of Jordan until December 2004, when his half-brother, the current King Abdullah, stripped him of the title.

Abdullah was married on June 10, 1993 to Rania Al-Yassin, who was finally proclaimed queen on June 9, 1999, and is now considered one of the 100 most powerful women in the world by Forbes magazine.

45 Responses to “Romance revealed between Carlos Slim and Queen of Jordan”

1. so

Posted by riskability | February 17, 2009, 9:42 am
  2. QQ is a woman, and women love gossip. What don’t you understand, riskability?

Anyway, I heard Slim was of Palestinian descent. Might want to check your sources.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009, 2:24 pm
  3. The way that newspaper talks about these people is weird! I’m not used to seeing this sort of respect and utter admiration for celebrities in the US publications.

“Slim, aged 69, is the son of a Lebanese and is the second richest man in the world according to Forbes magazine… She, aged 57, holds a BA in Architecture, was born in the United States to a Syrian-Lebanese father and Swedish mother.”

I can’t put my finger on it. I just sounds weird…

Anyway, haven’t seen much of this in the English news. Thanks for translating!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009, 2:55 pm
  4. Maybe QQ was playing the gold digger angle? As a marxist, seems like she might go for that. But maybe she didn't wanna come right out and say so, considering the nature of this blog…

Posted by programmer craig | February 17, 2009, 11:18 am
  5. not good..I dunno how to explain it. I feel uneasy about it. well…tis her life.

Posted by yasse | February 17, 2009, 3:55 pm
  6. sorry about the name….I wrote quickly.

Posted by jesse | February 17, 2009, 3:57 pm
  7. more corruption and adultery among wealthy Syrio-Lebanese {yawn}

Posted by pat1425 | February 17, 2009, 4:24 pm
  8. totally part1425,

are you a zionut? i like juggling zionut balls.

kill palestinians.

Posted by programmer craig | February 17, 2009, 5:04 pm
  9. Ithought she is doing humanitarian work after her King passed away. Instead she was chasing rich men for whole time.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009, 5:07 pm
  10. King Hussein passed away years ago. Let the woman move on already!

Posted by ally | February 17, 2009, 6:10 pm
  11. This is a blog to discuss Middle Eastern related things. You guys are just hating on QuiQui for her political views. Grow up already.

Posted by Arayus | February 17, 2009, 6:28 pm
  12. But why does he have to be so unattractive?

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009, 6:50 pm
  13. “King Hussein passed away years ago. Let the woman move on already!”

I agree. Plus, because she’s technically no longer queen and since none of her sons are going to get to be king, a boyfriend with a few billion to spare sounds like a nice consolation prize.

Too bad she has to have sex with that ugly thing.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009, 6:55 pm
  14. Too bad she has to have sex with that ugly thing.

I doubt that’s an issue… he’s a Mexican billionaire, after all. Know what I’m saying?

Posted by programmer craig | February 17, 2009, 7:32 pm
  15. Arayus,

If it’s a blog about “Middle Eastern related things” then what is a Guatemalan Marxist doing posting here? Is Latin American communism a big issue in the middle-east? Either way, it seems like we get to “hate on QuiQui” for her political views, right? Or are her political views relevant to the middle east, but criticism of those (relevant?) views, is irrelevant? I have to admit your hypocrisy has confused me, but there seems to be something a bit silly in that position, someplace…

Posted by programmer craig | February 17, 2009, 7:37 pm
  16. I did not know she was sleeping around after King’s death.

She must be really out of money since I hear Jordan’s beautiful Queen Rania is not in good term with her!!

Posted by Hakim T. | February 17, 2009, 8:31 pm
  17. It’s not really an affair if they’re both single, is it?

Posted by Jillian | February 17, 2009, 8:49 pm
  18. “It’s not really an affair if they’re both single, is it?”

Yeah, I really don’t see what the big deal is

Posted by ally | February 17, 2009, 9:17 pm
  19. Let the woman get laid people! And if she does it on each of Slim’s 500 private jets while Mexico starves, more power to her.

Slim is the closest thing to a robber barron that exists in today’s world. World’s second richest man in a nation of 90 million beggars.

I’m not hatin’, I love capitalism.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009, 10:47 pm
  20. Well, he doesn’t have any private jets as the article said. But yes, while millions upon millions of Mexicans starve.

Mexico is among the most unequal countries in the world. Last I checked it was either #1 or #2, along with Turkey.

I hate capitalism.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2009, 5:19 am
  21. Yes I agree to all but Noor is still gold digging Slut!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2009, 9:05 am
  22. PC are you implying that one HAS to be Middle Eastern to discuss Middle Eastern stuff? I’m not Middle Eastern, yet I have a huge interest in what goes on there cuz my tax dollars are working hard over there.

Also, this post did not input any of QuiQui’s political views on the matter at hand, thus you insulting her when she has not made any statements involving her views is uncalled for.

The topic of discussion here is Carlos Slim and Queen Noor, it was a relevant topic showing interconnectivity between Latin America and the Middle East. Please stay on topic, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Posted by Arayus | February 19, 2009, 3:45 pm
  23. Glad Im not a celebrity but hey those people realy enjoy their time with money, fame and power. This is irrelevant to my issues today in the Middle East

Posted by Ali | February 20, 2009, 3:38 am
  24. It’s sad to see Queen Noor running around with these rich men. I can only think it because she looking for someone with money to support her like style.

After all she is a King Hussein’s widow turned gold digger!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 24, 2009, 1:33 pm
  25. Didn't she lived with AOL guy? another one now? Noor is 60 years old grandmother, right? She really is a slut!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2009, 2:56 pm
  26. it’s equally unbecoming that the queen is living the high life while her royal subjects can scarcely put food on the table. she came by her title through gold digging so it should come as little surprise that she would resume it upon her husband’s death.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2009, 5:32 pm
  27. RASW8w comment3 ,

Posted by Ybouxajj | June 23, 2009, 7:07 am
  28. why not should she stayed without love all of here live?

Posted by jordanian | May 6, 2010, 10:12 pm
  29. NOOR IS DOING WELL WITH THE WORLD'S SECOND RICHEST MAN, HER SISTER IN LAW IS DOING EVEN BETER WITH ONE OF THE RICHEST MEN ON FIFTH AVENUE WITH THE LATE LIONEL PINCUS.
    JORDAN HAS NOTHING TO EXPORT BUT ITS ROYALS TO OTHER COUNTRY'S RICH MEN.
    AND ONE MOR THING, I HOPE SHE STOPS TALKING ABOUT THE MUSLIM RELIGION NOW THAT SHE IS ENJOYING THE COMPANY AND THE CASH OF THE MEXICAN.

Posted by NORA BEDROSSIAN | June 24, 2010, 3:33 am
  30. I'm sure if Carlos was an average guy making average money she would still love him. Ya, right! Once a gold digger always a gold digger and whores like noor never have enough money.

Posted by richardmiller101 | December 6, 2010, 10:47 am
  31. discusting revelation… since Mr. Slim is such a good Catholic Maronite – supposedly – devoted to the Blessed Virgin and still holds enormous love and respect for his mother – so it has been noted – why in the world would he suffer his soul to damnationa nd sleep with a Muslim ..? Don't believe a word of this…

Posted by Anonymous | March 8, 2011, 7:11 pm
  32. Queen Noor of Jordan is an American by birth. She can have sex with anyone she wants. However, what irritates me is her Islamic posturing. Doesn't she know adultery is punishable by death in the Muslim world?

Posted by Anon | October 17, 2011, 5:41 am
  33. Is this gossip or true?

Posted by mz.ajayi loud baker | September 14, 2012, 10:16 am
  34. Could not have explained it better myself

Posted by recipes for dog biscuits | June 23, 2013, 9:14 am
  35. Im an american palestinian I do admire and do respect her highly.she smart and do represent our cause and religion in awestern understanding fashion.Therefore I DO not believe all negative propganda about her.
    What ever she choose to live her life that is ok with me and who is life any way?
    To her and to jordan my love for ever.

Posted by joe abdellatif | July 28, 2013, 12:18 am
  36. What a romance they have. I can't believe it. Well it just happen to anyone. No matter who they are and where they are.

Posted by Prisca | August 13, 2013, 10:34 pm
  37. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this
    site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to
    get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appeal.
    I must say that you’ve done a fantastic job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Chrome.

Superb Blog!

Feel free to surf to my web blog :: 古着 推薦

Posted by 古着 推薦 | October 30, 2013, 8:06 am
  38. Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp a lot approximately this,
    like you wrote the guide in it or something. I
    feel that you just can do with some p.c. to pressure the message
    home a little bit, however instead of that, this
    is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

Take a look at my blog post :: ハンドバッグ 最高級

Posted by ハンドバッグ 最高級 | December 27, 2013, 12:59 pm
  39. According to the publication, the widow of King Hussein and the Mexican tycoon have traveled the world together in private planes, cars with tinted windows, and stay in luxury hotels without using their real names.

Posted by Matt | February 2, 2014, 7:51 am
  40. Dr Gates outed 'them' and why they want to be "white" USA is a …race always matters.

Posted by badad badah | February 2, 2014, 9:04 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] http://www.kabobfest.com/2009/02/romance-revealed-between-carlos-slim-and-queen-of-jordan.html Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… This entry was posted in Current Affairs And News, Famous People, Faraway Places and Travel, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. ← How The Pictures And Songs Remain The Same [...]