17 Things Arab Men Like to Bring Up

boxersBeing an Arab male myself, I came to learn of few things that most Arab men like to talk about with their friends. I have Arab male friends from just about every Arab country as well as Arab immigrants living abroad. Few of those topics of conversations included here are shared with people of other heritages. Besides talking about body anatomy, whenever I am part of a conversation with a follow Arab, the topics will include few of these subjects.

1- The possibility of suing the local government, no shortage of
adventurous Arab lawyers. “You mean to tell me, your town does not have a Ramadan Tree?”

2- Promote their latest fad in Hookah smoking, and brag about the amount of smoke that can produce. “What do you mean you never smoked from a watermelon?”
hookah
3- Talk trash about winning the last round of Tarneeb. “I beat you so hard, the Israelis took pity” when you are on a roll, it is hard to stop.

4- Share the latest stories and the never-ending tales of the cousins in the old country. “Wallah, My cousin beat up fourteen guys with his flafel wrap”

5- Chat about the latest aphrodisiac tonic. “Bro, I dip my nuts in honey”, “No bro, I dip mine in Tahini spread”
fox
6- Whine about Fox News, since few of us Arabs exercise regularly, the one thing that get our blood bumping, and their heart racing are the Fox News anchors and the way they negatively link any news story to Muslims and Arabs.

7- Explain how their new flashy phone can launch a missile. “Those Gaza rockets cannot break through my phone” Seriously, we love phones more than fat kids love potato chips.
tarneeb

9- Argue about the latest Speech by the Hezbollah leader, Hassan Nasrallah. “Did he just say he also has a crush on Obama?”

10- Discuss the artistic value behind the latest Haifa Wahby’s music video. “Not sure if I like the way she looks at me, she seems too intellectual”
indian
11- Converse about the upside of wearing boxers vs. briefs in the events of an Israeli strip search. “I think boxers give you more cover”

12- Compare the looks of Angelina Julie with Starlet Johnson. “Angelina will bring Jesus Back”, “Starlet is the type of well-round girl my mama wants me to bring home”
13- Celebrate the latest Lakers win! Seriously, why do most of us Arabs like this team? For all it’s worth the Kings are owned by Arabs.

14- The best local place to get Halal meat. “I too like my butcher to hand rub my meat”

Haifa-wehbe-28

15- Talk Shit about America’s foreign policy! It’s hard not to.

17- The Virtues of Opening another Subway Sandwishes Store.

Filed Under  , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “17 Things Arab Men Like to Bring Up”

1. This was great. Men of all kinds are fun, but these Arabian qualities are especially endearing. I quite like to eavesdrop on Arab Male Conversation when they don't think I can understand. :)

Posted by kinzi | October 1, 2009, 6:30 pm
  2. this is so ridiculous.

Posted by anon. | October 1, 2009, 11:22 pm
  3. hey, what about the cars?

Posted by hanoum | October 2, 2009, 1:26 am
    • Yes, I do not really know much about cars…but you are righ they talk alot about them. Maybe Progrmmer Buydati can shed some light on this subject. Cheers

Posted by Hanitizer | October 2, 2009, 4:16 pm
  4. Hani, what kind of Arab men are you hanging around bro?

All the Arab men I know talk only about the following things: marriage, fiqh (obviously of the more religious persuasion here), israel, relationship woes and engineering shit.

That aphrodisiac one also creeped me out big time.

Posted by SanaKF | October 2, 2009, 7:03 pm
  5. כל עוד בלבב פנימה
    נפש יהודי הומיה,
    ולפאתי מזרח קדימה
    עין לציון צופיה –

עוד לא אבדה תקותנו,
    התקוה בת שנות אלפים,
    להיות עם חופשי בארצנו

ארץ ציון וירושלים

Posted by Mafish Falastin | October 4, 2009, 7:40 pm
  6. Loved the article
    but what does the israeli national anthem has to do there ???
    ( ve 'im ma yesh falastin, ma yesh isra'il, either. )

Posted by Rebecca | October 17, 2009, 4:57 pm
  7. Funny. Are the misspellings intentional?

Posted by Mimi | October 19, 2009, 9:09 pm
  8. i am sorry , but i just dont like arabs. i think they are primitive. the arab women i have met are very insecure and bitch about other women.they are loud and tacky.they blame the media for their negative portrayal , which to some extent i understand, but they fail to see that it is in their own hands to change this. oh and as usual , they will blame me for writing what i think , instead for once have some self reflexion. i honestly tried to like arabs. hopefully some will prove me wrong some day. please try not to insult me , this post was meant to be constructive criticism.

Posted by persian | July 24, 2011, 9:17 pm
  9. This is so true! I was in the Middle East for years and man, this is just so funny and true hahaha! "8- Confess about stomach Pain due to dining out at the neighborhood Indian buffet. Yes, Abed easy on the acid pills. The rice pudding is your ally at the Indian buffet."

Posted by Non-arab | November 19, 2011, 8:27 am
  10. Scarlett Johansson*

Posted by Your ass-Kicker | July 30, 2013, 4:13 am
  11. 16- Yes, your sister in law cousin’s son works for Krispey Kreme that is more than an hour away drive, he will hook you up with a free dozen. It’s ok keep the dozen and the cousin.

Posted by Matt | February 2, 2014, 7:52 am